Friday, January 4, 2013

Birthday, Sick Hubby and Synagis



Happy Friday friends-  Today is my brother Jason's birthday.  Most people call him "Bear" and don't even truly know his real name.  He is 20 months younger than me so we grew up really close.  We had a lot of the same friends (ok-I lie.  He was popular and I just hung out with him so I could have friends too).  Happy Birthday Bear!



Heath was sick today so he has been in bed. Chicken Noodle soup for him!  We started the day with me taking Claire to drama practice.  The drama queen is getting ready for her big performance in February, so it's practice, practice, practice.  Then I had to hurry back home to meet with the home health nurse.  She came by to see Cydney and give her the monthly Synagis vaccination (which is actually two injections because they can't put that much in one muscle).  Synagis (prevents RSV) is very expensive ($4320 per dose-total of 8 doses).  We are so thankful that insurance saw the need for her to get them again this year and pay for them.  Our sweet chocolate princess is up to 15lbs1oz.  That is amazing.  She has had some increased oxygen requirements over the past couple of days and so we have increased her breathing treatments and added another antibiotic and steriod.  That should knock it out-or off to Children's we have to go. 

For some reason I can't get pictures to load, so no picture today.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment