Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Day of New Year

Happy New Year!  Today is the first day of 2013 and I am so honored that you had decided to join our journey.  Most of you are probably viewing the blog because of the card and update pages you received in the mail.  If so, read away.  If you have found me because of some other means, read away as well. 

We rang in the new year as a family and didn't go anywhere.  We celebrated on Eastern time so that I could get into bed.  We had cute party hats and even had Sparkling Grape Juice.  The twins thought it was nasty and decided they don't ever want wine again (yeah).  Heath shot fireworks well before midnight and that was truly the highlight of the night.  Macie said, "This is the best day ever." 

Heath had to work today, so it was just me and the kiddos.  The weather was cold and rainy so we didn't get out.  Cydney sounds a little tight in her chest, so I am doubling up on breathing treatments to try to clear it up.

New Years Resolutions?  Nah, because I can't ever keep them.  But, I do have some things that I want to achieve.  I want to:
Be a better wife than I was in 2012.
Be a better mom than I was in 2012.
Remind myself that I am on council to serve the citizens of Helena.
Spend more time with my grandmother.  She loves my family and always calls to check on us.  I know that most people do not have their grandparents to spend time with, so I want to make the best of the the time we have.
Send more snail mail so that people know that I am praying for and thinking about them.

Well, from my family to yours, I hope you have a blessed year in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment